Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What's wrong with PDA?

"Get a room" "Break it up" "Get to class"
these are phrases are often heard throughout the hallways when there are high school couples. everyday i witness monitors trying to usher along students trying to say goodbye tot heir boyfriend/girlfriend. why is a quick peck goodbye/hello a big deal to school policy?

some say it "distracts you from your studies," well so do sports, extracurricular activities, friends, family problems etc.. What do we do about all of those factors? Are we supposed to drop everything and solely focus on our studies?


Yet again, there's this one couple everyday before my fourth period class, that insist on standing right in front of the door and make out for a few good minutes. While I try and maneuver around these two, I can understand why monitors are so quick to break couples up. It's distracting to everyone, no one wants to see you and your bf/gf have a full on session right there in the hallway.(If you do that's just weird.) Spare us, please. Though, to me a quick peck is fine.


one of my friends told me recently that him and his girlfriend were next to his locker saying goodbye, and a monitor told them to 'just get to class.' I would think no one minds the couples who hold hands, hug, have quick kisses etc.., but no one wants to see a couple go at it in the hallway.


Why id it that school looks down on PDA? if you were int he mall or at their house, no one would stop or say anything. However, just because we are in school are we supposed to displace our personal relationships? Look at the counter argument though, it's not like you're saying goodbye for the day, it's just 40 minutes, can you last without making out? With this topic I can definitely see both sides, what about you?


Comment!

xoxo KKSM :*

3 comments:

  1. Steph I love that you tackled this topic. The only thing that really bothers me about this post is that there are some grammar errors in the capitalization and spelling areas. However, you are making a valid point. I also believe that a quick peck and holding hands are acceptable but I am considered biased because I have a boyfriend? Maybe, as a generation, we are more comfortable or used to seeing things like PDA whereas older generations see it as vulgar and inappropriate. I prefer not to see people pawing each other like animals but I don't see the harm in some actions. Besides, it's ok to hug a friend so why is a significant other any different? As a teenager in this day and age I feel as though I've almost been raised to be more open and accepting of every relationship. But please, let's keep it PG, some things in a relationship are personal and should be kept that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think that a quick peck or holding hands in the hallway is fine. I have a boyfriend and I think that is perfectly fine. However, I do not see the need to have a make out session in the hallway before every class. I think that is kind of personal and I would be embarrassed to have people watch me do that. Let alone your peers, but your teachers and monitors are seeing this and I would find that awkward. I do not even see the reasoning behind kissing before every class, its 40 minutes and most likely they are meeting you after so why do you have to give a huge goodbye? Its understandable to kiss at the end of the day, that’s fine, but I think students can take it too far and get too comfortable in school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly i don't want to see a couple in the hallway making-out,like in the Article it's like 40 minutes i think you can last. it's so hard to get through the hallways at our school during passing time. At lunch their is this one couple that sits by them self's and all they do is kiss and while we are trying to enjoy lunch we have to see that!
    ~j-denn~

    ReplyDelete