Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Is age really just a number?

Age is only a number, some would argue with this statement, and others would agree. Why is it fine that a 17 year old boy can go out with a 15 year old girl, when if it were a 17 year old girl going out with a 15 year old boy there'd be some talk? It's a total double standard, obviously, it all just depends on how you deal with that.



In high school and even in some instances college, age does matter, usually. 1 or 3 years is a big difference because you're in different stages of your life. However, when your in your twenties or thirties it doesn't matter what so ever if there's even if a 5 year difference, but seeing a 20 year old with a 15 year old is going to turn a lot of heads.


So what do you do if the guy's age you like causes a divide in the relationship now, but won't 5 years from now? Honestly, I feel it depends on how much the age difference is, 1 or 2 years no big deal, but when you start hitting 4 years, I feel that's pushing it. Yet, that's just me, but what about you? Does age really matter? Has our generation become so accepting, it just isn't a big deal to us anymore?


Comment! xoxo KKSM

3 comments:

  1. I sometimes wonder about this. I'm 19 and very mature for my age so I don't get along with immature people, but for some reason I have some feelings with a girl who about 5 years younger than me.. even if she is very mature for her age it makes me feel uncomfortable with myself and I turn away from it. Everyone else I've liked or dated was my age or older. I get very scared of what society may think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I think that its the opposite. In today's society, a five year difference when you're that young would be looked down upon. A hundred years ago, if you were 16, you were already married to a forty year old, and had children. I am not saying that its ok to do that, I myself find it sick. But I think age doesn't matter so much as maturity. Some people could make a big age difference work, while others couldn't. It really depends on the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree some times age should matter but to behonest i had a bit of it myself and it wasn't for anything but the love. I feel as long as its for the love and not the sex it should be alright. If one is willing to wait for the other one to get older that its ok. age is just a number to certain extents.

    ReplyDelete