Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Every February, every year...2/14

Valentines Day: The day we get to show our loved ones how we feel, or is it just stress we don't need? Some people take valentines day very seriously, they believe it's their one chance to show someone just how much they care. Others simply make due with roses or a box of chocolates. Is valentines day really a day of love, or has just become an over idolized American holiday?

Some people really take the time to plan an amazing valentines day. However, when is enough, enough? How much do you give your boyfriend/girlfriend? How much money should you spend?


I believe some people get a little crazy thinking about V-Day. Myself, I think it's the thought that counts. I'd rather have a heart felt card then jewelry or roses. However, some people think quite the opposite, not to say their superficial, but valentines day tends to be materialistic. What do you guys think? How much is enough? What do you expect from your 'significant other'? Does a piece of jewelry say 'I love you' or do roses and chocolates say it too?
For all the single people: What do you think about valentines day? Some of my friends dread V-Day, and see it as someone pointing their finger at them and laughing. I don't think it has to be all about couples, it could be also be directed towards your family. However, I want to hear from what our viewers think. Is V-Day really all that special? xoxo KKSM

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the heartfelt gifts Steph. I would love to get a handmade card with a really personal sweet note. I think that's so much better than getting chocolates or flowers because it means so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the post and I agree with acknowledging your family memebers for Valentine's Day. Every year, my family and I purchase gifts for each other, so noone gets left out. Its usually uncertain as to whether or not I will have a boyfriend every Valentine's day, but I prefer flowers as a gift. I just love them, and it shows a gentleman quality in the person I'm with.

    ReplyDelete